Cascadian Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company specializing in developing innovative therapeutic product candidates for the treatment of cancer. Our goal is to discover, develop and commercialize novel compounds that have the potential to improve the lives and outcomes of cancer patients. Our most advanced product candidate is tucatinib (ONT-380), an orally active and selective small molecule HER2 inhibitor. We are headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, visit www.cascadianrx.com.
The Clinical Science Liaison - Europe is responsible for supporting the execution of clinical trials/research and data collection activities, functioning as a field-based scientific and medical resource for Cascadian Therapeutics. This highly visible role establishes and maintains critical relationships across Clinical Development and Patient Advocacy, as well as external relationships with thought leaders and advocacy groups.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Implements thought leader field strategy, including investigator identification as well as speaker development and support.
- Delivers scientific presentations to health care professionals.
- Provides strategy and execution of clinical support for patient recruitment to ongoing studies.
- Facilitates scientific discussions in the field and works with other in-house and field partners to facilitate ongoing information/clinical data sharing (i.e. new data, competitive information, insights learned from customer) to optimize communications and coordinated activities across the organization.
- Executes conference strategy, including staffing of scientific booths at major conferences and regional clinical meetings.
- Responsible for collecting and reporting on Competitive Intelligence gathered through field interactions as well as congress meetings.
- Acts as key liaison for all aspects in the support of investigator sponsored trials (ISTs).
- Supports planning and execution of local, regional and/or national advisory boards.
- Partners and collaborates effectively with internal business partners, especially with members of the clinical teams.
- Stays abreast of emerging scientific literature/clinical data, translates the data in applicable knowledge, and provides clinical scientific education to health care providers.
- Maintains appropriate and accurate records of data.
- Attends and participates in local, national, and international medical conferences.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Experience / Professional Requirements:
- MD or PharmD with oncology experience, ideally in solid tumors.
- Requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in clinical research (Phase I to IV), including experience in pharmaceutical clinical development and a strong understanding of and experience in breast cancer and clinical trials in Europe.
- Experience managing global studies is essential.
- Strong experience in dealing with medical professionals including nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals, in clinical studies.
- Background in liaising directly and interacting with experts/KOLs and answering protocol related questions.
- Proven experience in collaborating with CROs.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a growing organization.
- Team player with executive presence and demeanor coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working both internally and externally with technical and medical experts in providing input from the field regarding breast cancer treatment landscape and study issues.
- Independent, self-motivated individual coupled with self-confidence and a positive management style.
- English fluent with exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate should have strong presentation and interaction skills and experience in providing evidence based scientific and clinical information to the medical community.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills combined with experience working with outside consultants in a positive and collaborative fashion.
- Excellent leading and influencing skills.
- Ability to build team relationships and collaborate in a biotech environment at all levels of the organization.
- The successful candidate will work with the highest standards in Health Care Compliance, demonstrate the highest integrity and ethical behavior, mutual respect for our people, have a true passion for science and making a difference in patient's lives, work collaboratively within teams, use resources carefully and contribute to a great place to work and grow within the Clinical team.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), EMEA/CHMP and FDA regulations and guidelines, and applicable international regulatory requirements.
- Proven experience in medical writing is essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications, including Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Share Point.
- Requires regional and international overnight travel (up to 75%).
- Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform site and investigator visits; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
- Must be located within Europe in a country where the HER2CLIMB trial is open and within 45 minutes to an international major airport; on a full-time basis.
Cascadian Therapeutics offers a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package.
If you are interested in working with our team in a collaborative and professional work environment, please Submit Resume ».
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer