Cascadian Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company specializing in developing innovative therapeutic product candidates for the treatment of cancer. Our goal is to discover, develop and commercialize novel compounds that have the potential to improve the lives and outcomes of cancer patients. Our most advanced product candidate is ONT-380, an orally active and selective small molecule HER2 inhibitor. We are headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, visit www.cascadianrx.com.
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist supports a broad range of HR functions, including recruitment, benefits and compensation administration, employee relations, employee events, talent development and employee engagement, and ensuring accurate and timely compliance with regulatory requirements and Company policies, programs, and benefit plans.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates recruiting and selection process for regular and temporary positions, including posting positions, routing and reviewing resumes, screening candidates, scheduling/conducting interviews, arranging candidate travel, conducting reference checks and background screens, interfacing with external recruiting vendors.
- Coordinates the on-boarding and new employee orientation program and conducts HR and benefits-related orientation, ensuring that new hires feel welcomed and are positioned for success.
- Coordinates employment-based immigration petitions.
- Implements and maintains applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Actively champions the Cascadian Therapeutics culture and values, fostering a collaborative, productive, and supportive work environment for all employees.
- Coordinates company-wide employee engagement activities and events, including holiday parties, All Employee Meetings, employee seminars, charitable events, wellness events, etc.
- Provides guidance and coaching to employees and managers on HR programs and practices and employee relations issues, ensuring consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Identifies and coordinates appropriate employee development training opportunities.
- Administers employee benefits, including evaluating current benefit plans, coordinating open enrollment process, preparing communications, serving as primary contact, trouble-shooting and resolving benefits-related questions and issues, processing enrollment and status changes, interfacing with vendors.
- Administers the Company 401(k) plan, including processing enrollment and deferral changes, interfacing with plan record-keeper and investment advisors, and ensuring compliance-related testing, reporting and records maintenance.
- Oversees leave of absence program, including communicating benefit information to employees, interfacing with vendors and payroll, processing forms and records.
- Implements compensation strategy and programs, including completing benchmark surveys, compiling and analyzing survey data, administering salary review process and bonus plan, recommending and processing compensation adjustments.
- Coordinates the performance review process, partnering with employees and managers to ensure that performance reviews are timely and productive.
- Ensures that personnel actions for new hires, status changes, and separations are completed timely and accurately.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and coordinates/conducts exit interviews.
- Reviews payroll and partners with payroll to ensure accurate and timely payroll, including completion of Employer Shared Responsibility tracking and forms.
- Implements and maintains human resource information system (HRIS).
- Creates and distributes ad-hoc and monthly reports.
- Tracks expenses and maintains budget-related reports.
- Maintains employee files and all HR-related records in accordance with recordkeeping and retention requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality and handles details of a highly confidential, critical nature.
- Performs special project assignments as directed.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Experience / Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in related field, with PHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressive HR experience is required; biopharmaceutical/life sciences industry and public, multi-state company experience preferred.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills, with customer-service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be self-motivated, be flexible and adaptable, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is critical.
- Must have the ability to handle and prioritize many projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to follow established policies and procedures, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy and completeness, as are strong analytical skills.
- Ability to recognize and define problems, recommend and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential information essential.
- Must be effective at working in a highly collaborative environment, act with integrity, and have demonstrated ability to gain trust and confidence of internal clients.
- Experience with HRIS and ATS systems including implementation is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience with MS Visio helpful.
Cascadian Therapeutics offers a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision care, life insurance, short and long term disability, stock options, ESPP, a matching traditional and ROTH 401(k) plan, and fully subsidized transit pass/parking.
If you are interested in working with our team in a collaborative and professional work environment, please Submit Resume ».
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer