Cascadian Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company specializing in developing innovative therapeutic product candidates for the treatment of cancer. Our goal is to discover, develop and commercialize novel compounds that have the potential to improve the lives and outcomes of cancer patients. Our most advanced product candidate is tucatinib (ONT-380), an orally active and selective small molecule HER2 inhibitor. We are headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, visit www.cascadianrx.com.
The Manager, Procurement oversees activities company-wide related to the procurement of materials, services and equipment for the company and partners closely with business functional leaders and internal customers to purchase materials and services in a cost-effective manner.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manages day-to-day purchasing operations and approves purchases as authorized.
- Ensures all necessary raw materials, equipment, supplies, etc. are procured on-time in a cost-effective manner.
- Partners effectively with other functions and provides analysis, sourcing, negotiation, risk mitigation and decision support in areas such as contracts, agreements, and pricing.
- Develops and implements procurement policies, processes and procedures, including managing the Purchase Order process.
- Develops Request for Proposals and partners with business manager to review and analyze proposals. Requests quotes, revisions to quotes and/or work orders.
- Closely partners with Legal for the review of contract terms and to ensure appropriate documentation is in place prior to procurement of goods and services.
- Partners with the Finance & Accounting team to ensure procurement systems and processes are well coordinated with Finance and comply with all SOX/internal control requirements.
- Designs, develops and maintains procurement management and purchase request systems and processes that maximize functional efficiency and compliance.
- Supports the development, monitoring and management of budgets.
- Develops and tracks key metrics to evaluate supplier/vendor performance; conducts post-contract management and facilitates supplier relationship management process.
- Ensures procurement processes and systems are compliant with all necessary local, state and federal laws and regulations, including requirements associate with GLP/GCP/cGMP.
- Drives continuous improvement in all aspects of procurement through benchmarking to effectively manage costs, and achieve efficiencies.
- May manage internal and external resources, including selecting, developing and evaluating staff.
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Experience / Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business, finance, accounting, or other relevant discipline required.
- Minimum of eight years of procurement experience in a public company is required, including at least three years of management experience and previous experience in the biopharmaceutical or life sciences industry.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and negotiating contracts and pricing is essential.
- Must have strong proven understanding of U.S. general accounting principles and public company experience with SOX/internal controls.
- Familiarity with contract Purchase Order creation and Capital Expenditure process is required.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be self-motivated, be flexible and adaptable, and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is critical.
- Must have the ability to handle and prioritize many projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to follow established policies and procedures, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy and completeness is essential, as are strong analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to recognize and define problems, recommend and implement solutions is critical.
- Must be effective at working in a highly collaborative environment, act with integrity, and have demonstrated ability to gain trust and confidence of internal clients.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel for building tables and analyzing data.
- Experience with ERP (accounting software package), preferably Sage X3, and requisition management systems are essential.
Cascadian Therapeutics offers a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision care, life insurance, short and long term disability, stock options, ESPP, a matching traditional and ROTH 401(k) plan, and fully subsidized transit pass/parking.
If you are interested in working with our team in a collaborative and professional work environment, please Submit Resume ».
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer